Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I've been thinking a lot about the end of 2015 and my goals for 2016. I usually make some half hearted resolutions but this year I'd like some solid goals to accomplish! I've also recently been reading some finance blogs and stumbled across this post. A shopping ban!?!? What a great idea! I find myself thinking all the time that I don't NEED anything but still buy things. I think it's the novelty of "something new". So, starting January first I am going to try my own very loose shopping ban. It's a one two punch for my goals; to save more money (especially for home projects) and to be more aware of my consumption (and cut down on it as well). I have been bad lately with buying pretty yarns (my downfall!) and it kills me because I HAVE PLENTY!!!! Again, the novelty of something new. I have so many unfinished crochet projects to finish.

I just want to clarify that I am not a shopper by any means. I just am digusted after a pre-Christmas declutter by how many small things I spent money on that ended up being donated. The things I treasure and enjoy most in my home quite often are things I was given for free. Shopping is a past time in this country which is quite alarming when there are people living without food or clean water. It'll be a good change of perspective.

Of course, this is AFTER I made an order on Amazon to use a giftcard...

Starting fresh in January will be nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment