Saturday, January 2, 2016

The lure of the clearance section

Okay, that last post about a loose shopping ban? We're talking real loose. January 2nd and I already feel like a failure!!! I bought some clearance candles (.75$x2) and tulle (.25$x2) plus a tin sign (8$) for my kitchen. Yes, the tin sign has been on my lookout list but still! I also purchased a roof rake (used my Amazon points so it was around 18$) and 50 lb bag of bird seed (14$) but I consider those home expenses. I'm trying not to get too hard on myself. I will be better!

I'm also trying to go as long as possible before the next grocery shop. I may drop in tomorrow since my grocery has 3 day sales for the weekend and they had a good deal on shredded cheese. Then again...I have two small bags in the freezer! So here is a tenative list for my meal plan;

Sun : Potato Tacos, possibly with tempeh from the freezer (my giant bag of potatoes is starting to sprout! So lots of potato dishes this week)
Mon : Stir fry cabbage with black rice (trying to get it out of the pantry!)
Tues : Roasted delicata squash with onions and couscous (or potatoes?) on the side
Wed : Open faced tuna melts and green beans
Thurs : Mac and Cheese with mixed veg
Fri : Corn chowder
Sat : Pizza, made with homemade dough

All of these things I can make with what I have on hand. The grocery store is having a great sale (20 items for 16$, out of a certain list). We need some canned tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, plus more pasta. So I may stop by to get those sale items and some bananas for lunches, plus a bag of onions (I'm almost out). I can definitely get out of there under 25$. Last week after my post I made a trip to the warehouse store and ended up spending about 30$ more dollars, argh! They had some deals that were killer but it put me over budget. Hopefully with a small shop these week I'll make up for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment