Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Five Frugal Things

I am stealing (borrowing?) the idea of a "5 frugal things" post from my favorite blog, The Non-Consumer Advocate! So, here are 5 things I've done in the past week which I think were awesomely frugal!

1.) My husband's aunt and uncle had to put their dog to sleep this past weekend. I wanted to send a little note to say I was thinking of them. Instead of buying a sympathy type card at the store, I just used a plain note card I had. They will appreciate I was thinking of them, regardless of the card.

2.) I was rummaging around in the freezer on Monday and found a small bag of deer liver my husband's father had given us. I soaked it overnight in the fridge in some salad dressing (made from the liquid from a can of olives and oil from a jar of pickled peppers). I then cooked it in the slow cooker with potatoes and onions. My husband loved it! I ate salad to use up some peppers that were getting shrivel-y.

3.) I baked a loaf of banana bread to use up some brown bananas.

4.) I am planning today to mend two pairs of my husband's pants. He is SO AWFUL at wrecking clothes! Part of it is his job (a welder) but also he is a bit of a bull in a china shop. ;) I use pieces cut from another pair of jeans with the iron on glue (stitch witchery) and then hand stitch around the hole to keep things in place.

5.) When checking my ebates account I realized I hadn't been credited for a purchase I made at the beginning of the month, so I emailed my order confirmation and got my whopping 55 cents credit! ;) Hey, every penny counts!

What frugal things have you done this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment